- FanDuel Limited (
FanDuel, we, us, our) respects the privacy of its users and is committed to protecting
information regarding our use of your personal information collected via the fanduel.co.uk website
to help you understand how your personal information is used by us and your choices regarding
our use of it.
- Our legal status under UK and EU data protection law is that of a data controller and in this capacity
we will store and process your personal information which you have provided to us. Data controller
is a legal term used in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) to signify the person
who controls what to do with any given personal information. As data controller we have registered
with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is Z1178859.
- Your use of the Service and any personal information you provide through the Service remains subject
you might have should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to:
c/o Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP
1 Exchange Crescent
Information We Collect
- The personal information we collect from you for your use of the Service generally may include:
- your name;
- email address;
- date of birth;
- PayPal or credit card billing information;
- contacts you choose to submit;
- profile photo;
- contact information;
- your preferences;
- submissions to various competitions and promotions;
- responses to surveys;
- communications sent to us by you;
- your subscriptions to newsletters and services offered by us;
- any other personal data relevant to the Service provided by you; and
- in addition, if you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to FanDuel, or contact
FanDuel, through a social networking service (such as Facebook), we may collect your
user ID and user name associated with that social networking service, as well as any
information you make public using that social networking service. We may also collect
information you have authorized the social networking service to share with us (such
as your user ID, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, and
pages you have "liked").
In addition to the above, for compliance reasons, we may need to verify your identity in order for you to use some of our
services as part of the Service. As such, we may also collect the following personal information
from you for verification purposes (and we will inform you when provision of this information
is a mandatory condition of using our Service):
- passport information;
- driving licence information;
- contact information (including mobile number);
- utility bills;
- other identification documents; and
- any other information required by us to verify your identity as required by applicable laws
When you use our UK mobile app, we also may collect mobile device information like operating system and hardware type, numbers
or codes that are unique to your particular device, device information, default device language,
the location of your device, and app usage information.
The Way FanDuel Uses Your Personal Information
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality
of the Service, including but not limited to the following:
- providing you with our products and services, including our games;
- processing and responding to enquiries;
- personalising your use of the Service,
- alerting you to new features, special events or products and services offered by us and our
group of companies in which we think you will be interested;
- enforcing the legal terms that govern your use of the Service; and
- investigating and protecting the integrity of FanDuel’s contests.
We may use your personal information to contact you about:
- our products and services which you may be interested in provided that you have not requested
- newsletters and information which you have signed up for; and
- non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Service
or for customer service purposes).
- We use your information to improve the quality and design of our Service and to create new features,
promotions, functionality, and services.
- We will retain personal information as long as necessary to fulfill these purposes unless the law
requires us to keep it for a longer period of time. To provide security and business continuity
for the activities described here, we make backups of certain data, which we may retain for longer
than the original data.
- We may anonymize or aggregate your personal information for business purposes, including for reporting
and research. Such anonymised and/or aggregated data does not identify your personal information.
When FanDuel Discloses Information
- We may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, businesses
or service providers who process your personal information on our behalf in providing the Service
to you. This will include providing customer service, accepting deposits and paying withdrawals
and processing such information to make improvements to the services they provide. We will use
our reasonable efforts to keep your personal information secure.
- When you choose to share information with social media services about your activities on FanDuel
by, for example, connecting your social media account to our Service, then FanDuel may share
your personal information and information about your use of the service with such social media
to our Service in this way.
- In the event that you win a prize we may contact you to use your personal information (such as your
name and photo) in connection with publicity purposes.
- Where you win a promotion run by us we may be required to either publish or make available upon request
your name and county in accordance with applicable legislation.
- We will publish a profile page that includes your username, the date you became a member, your stats
from previous contests and, if you uploaded one, your profile picture. Where you post personal
information about yourself through our Service to public areas of our Service, you acknowledge
and agree that this personal information will be publically available.
- When you participate in a contest, we may publish your username on a list of the contest participants,
along with a link to your profile page.
- Where you have provided your consent, we may share your personal information with selected third
parties for their own commercial or marketing use in conjunction with your relationship with
FanDuel or as part of a specific program or feature.
- We also may share personal information in other situations with your consent.
- FanDuel also reserves the right to disclose personal information that FanDuel believes, in good faith,
harm, to investigate and respond to third-party claims or allegations, to respond to a court
orders or official requests, to protect the security or integrity of our Service, to report violations
of FanDuel’s eligibility rules to third parties, including employers of individuals affiliated
with other daily fantasy sites, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of FanDuel, our
users or others.
- In the event that FanDuel is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization,
receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable
principles affecting creditors' rights generally, or other change of control, there may be a
disclosure of your personal information to another entity related to such event.
and elsewhere in the world, including where privacy laws may not provide as much protection as
your country. FanDuel complies with legal requirements for cross-border data protection, including
through the use of European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCCs”).
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data
The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal grounds we rely on to process your personal information. We process your
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers
our legitima are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of
the affected individuals:
- (a) Customer service
- (b) Marketing
- (c) Protecting our players, personnel and property
- (d) Analyzing and improving our business
- (e) Processing job applications
- (f) Managing legal issues
- We may also process personal data for the legitimate interests of our affiliates or business
partners, such as to offer special events or contests or assist with marketing.
- Processing for the contract: Some of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual
obligations with our players.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis
of your implied or express consent.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with
our legal obligations.
Your Rights and Choices
of that FanDuel provides you with certain choices about how we process your personal information.
These choices are set out below.
- You have the right to request access to, correction or deletion of certain personal information we
store. In some cases, you may be entitled to receive a copy of the personal information you provided
to us in portable form or to request that we share it with a third party. The law may also give
you the right to request restrictions on the use of your personal information, to object to our
use of your personal information, or to withdraw your consent to use your personal information
(which will not affect the legality of any processing that happened before your request takes
- For example, you have the right to opt out of our processing of your personal information for direct
marketing purposes. For a more limited opt-out, you can unsubscribe to marketing emails and newsletters
by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' feature in the communication.
- Please contact us to exerise these rights, or if you have any questions or comments about your personal
- You can also reach us at that address with any concerns or complaints regarding our data transfers
or other privacy practices. You also have a right to file a privacy complaint with the UK Information
Commissioner’s office, but we respectfully invite you to allow us to attempt to resolve the matter
directly. We will attempt to answer your questions and satisfy your concerns in a timely and
complete manner as soon as possible.
- You can also learn more about and how to control the cookies used by the Service in the cookies section
- Cookies Information: When you visit the FanDuel.co.uk website, we may send one or more cookies -
small files - to your computer or other device, which may enable us or others to uniquely identify
your browser. FanDuel uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains
after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits
to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions.
Session cookies are temporary and typically disappear after you close your browser. You may be
able to reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
However, some features of the FanDuel.com website may not function properly if the ability to
accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use our Service, our servers may automatically record certain information
that your device sends whenever you visit any website and use certain apps. These server logs
may include information such as your web or app request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser
type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain
names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on
particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely
identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use our Service, we may employ technology such as "clear GIFs" (a.k.a.
Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we
may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened
by specific users.
as (a) remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or
the next time you visit our Service; (b) providing custom, personalized content and information;
(c) monitoring the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; (d) monitoring aggregate metrics
such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and (e) tracking your entries, submissions,
and status in promotions, sweepstakes, and contests.
- Certain ads appearing on our Service are delivered by our advertising partners. Our advertising partners
above. Doing this allows the ad companies to recognize your computer each time they send you
an online advertisement. In this way, the ad companies may compile information about where you,
or others who are using your computer, saw their advertisements and measure your interaction
with each ad. This information allows ad companies to deliver targeted advertisements that may
be of increased interest to you, both on our Service and elsewhere online. To learn more and
to opt out of the collection of data on our website by third parties for interest-based advertising
purposes, please visit
www.youronlinechoices.com. Note that opting out will not affect the quantity of ads you see
online but likely will cause the ads to be less relevant to you. Note also that we also work
with third-party analytics companies to collect data on our Service through cookies and other
automated means. In some cases, the third parties mentioned in this section may maintain the
information they collect in personally identifiable form.
- To learn more about cookies and similar technologies and how to disable them we recommend you visit
the Information Commissioner’s website here.
- We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security
technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access,
use, or disclosure.
- Whilst neither we, nor any other organisation, can guarantee the security of information processed
online, we do have appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal information,
for example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access
that are located in facilities to which access is limited.
- To further protect your privacy and security, we reserve the right to take reasonable steps (such
as requesting your password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making
- Additionally, you should ensure your password is kept secret at all times. You will be responsible
for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information.
Links to other websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect
for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other
Changes and updates
revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. We may also notify you directly with any material